We are still using special ledger reports in GR55. I have one report that I need to update, but am having issues.
We use standard cost center planning in SAP. Our monthly forecast is actually created in a system outside of SAP, and then they download files that we can use to upload to SAP using the RKE_FLEX_UPL and KPP_FLEX_UPL functionality. We upload our revenue and cost of sales using transaction code KE13N and our cost center expenses using KP06. Our forecast for any given month is made up of actuals for the closed periods, and a forecasted amount for the remaining months of the year. So F09 would include actuals through September (period 9) and forecasted amounts for periods 10 –12. We are on a calendar year.
Our revenue/cost of sales numbers are input by profit center, shipping point and distribution method, cost element and period. Currently we upload with a value of 0.00 for the months of actuals, and then use 7KEV to copy in revenue actuals. We do that because the download files coming from our external system do not tie correctly to the actual numbers. That is a different issue that we are trying to resolve, but don’t need assistance with. Distribution method is a COPA characteristic. Profit center is a store location and shipping point is a delivery location.
Our cost center expenses are input by cost center, cost element and period. Currently we upload with a value of 0.00 for the months of actuals, and then use KP98 to copy in cost center actuals. We do that because the download files coming from our external system do not tie correctly to the actual numbers. That is a different issue that we are trying to resolve, but don’t need assistance with. Once the numbers are uploaded, we have COPA assessment cycles that take the values from the cost centers and move them to our profit centers, using transaction code KEUB. After the assessment cycles are finished, we transfer the data to profit center accounting using transaction code 1KE0. We have created our reporting in Special Ledger using GR55 reports. The P&L was created using values from table GLPCT.
In the past year, the finance department added some new gl accounts as ‘below the line’ items. They are items that they want to report, but they don’t belong to any particular profit center in our definition of a profit center. They are items that are after tax and total company. The account numbers fall into cost centers that are not assessed.
My problem is this: I can get actuals to show in the P&L report, but I can’t get forecasted amounts to show. The actuals will populate in table GLPCT, but the forecasted amounts do not populate in that table. So I am trying to come up with a way to correctly report the forecast for all accounts.
I can get it to work if I create a ‘corporate’ profit center and create an assessment cycle, but our finance department would prefer not to have this non-standard profit center and extra work to run cycles at month end. I am looking for a way to make this report work. I have tried creating a separate functional area for those accounts and getting it added to the gl account so that it gets populated at posting. I have tried using a cost of sales substitution to populate the functional area. But neither of those things get it to update the GLPCT table. I am concerned about looking for another table to use as the source for this report because we still use the PL21 for most things, and I worry about the 2 reports getting out of sync with different tables.
I am looking for suggestions on how to get this to work.