We are currently working on improving how we manage our Asset Registry (Equipment & Functional Locations) and Preventive Maintenance (Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, & Task Lists) in SAP. Anything you could share on how your company successfully performs these tasks would be most appreciated. If a quick chat would be easier, please let me know and I would be happy to set up a conference call.
1) How do you manage and track requested addition/edits/removals to equipment records in SAP as assets are commissioned or deactivated in the field?
2) How do you manage and track requested changes to maintenance plans, items, and task lists in SAP?
3) What position in your organization manages your equipment and functional location records in SAP?
4) What position in your organization manages your maintenance plans, items, and task lists in SAP?
5) Are you able to leverage any automation in any of the steps of your equipment/functional location or maintenance plans/items/task list processes in SAP?
6) Do you have a GIS system that syncs with SAP?
7) Do you have a process in place for managing your equipment, functional location, maintenance plans, maintenance items, and task lists? If yes, please share.
Thanks you so much for taking the time to respond and help us improve our process!
SAP Sustainment Supervisor
Pacific Gas and Electric Company