1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 3:11 PM by Ande Elkins

What alternatives exist for Standard Text?

Chelsea Young
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I'm having extreme difficulty with Standard Text formatting restrictions.

As a maintenance planner, I am required to release work orders for routine inspections/testing of building equipment. Attached to these work orders are the manufacturers maintenance requirements (written in standard text). Ideally, I would like to create a table, similar to a checklist, of tasks to be completed. Unfortunately table formatting is not accepted in Standard Text. Without this, it's difficult to organize the information in a way that is comprehensive for the end user.

What alternatives exist for Standard Text?

• 1. Re: What alternatives exist for Standard Text?
          Ande Elkins

I use 2 options...

1) Document linking... (to the work order or equipment for manual printing)

-or-

2) Scan the document, save as Bitmap, and enter it as a command in the standard text.

(or, in the task list 'long text') for automatic printing within the order.

Example;

We have a checklist required for operators to inspect equipment prior to start-up, following an unscheduled outage.

(as result of recently misplaced hand-tools causing damage shortly after start-up)

In my operation task list long text, I inserted;

Perform Line Clearance checklist

BITMAP 'Z_CRPX_2064_PAGE_1' OBJECT GRAPHICS ID BMAP TYPE BMON

BITMAP 'Z_CRPX_2064_PAGE_2' OBJECT GRAPHICS ID BMAP TYPE BMON

(the Z_CRPX_2064_PAGE_? being the custom checklist document scanned as a Bitmap through transaction Se78)

Basically, the standard text prints the checklist document within the task list.

(the image of the document... along with company logo, check boxes, entry fields, sign-offs, etc.)

Upload the document (as a bitmap) with se78 , then you can access it in So10 as Standard Text. (INSERT > GRAPHICS)

Give it a try...