4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 4:19 PM by Ellen Jones

SAP CHARM

Ellen Jones
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi everyone, we're currently gathering information in preparation of replacing our very out of date helpdesk software.  Since we are an SAP shop, and have CHARM installed, I have been tasked to find out if anyone uses CHARM as a helpdesk solution to manage the entire environment, not just SAP-related issues/changes.  Alternatively, does anyone use CHARM in combination with a separate helpdesk/servicedesk software as a comprehensive solution?  We would need a product that is easily configurable by non-developers.

Thank you.

Ellen Jones

• 1. Re: SAP CHARM
          Tammy Powlas

Ellen - we use Solution Manager for Incident Management (Helpdesk) and Charm

We did this in-house using the Expert Guided Implementation offered by SAP Support.

I believe Solution Manager will interface with other systems

You can use both for non-SAP systems.

• 2. Re: SAP CHARM
            Ellen Jones

Hi Tammy, thank you for your reply. Could you ballpark effort and configuration costs?  We have SolMgr and Charm in-house, but we are a small IT shop, and don't have many development resources.

Ellen

• 3. Re: SAP CHARM
              Tammy Powlas

Hi Ellen - I did the configuration myself, inside the 4 day EGI course (2 hours lecture, with time afterwards spent on the system) for Charm

Same for Incident Management - you configure yourself in a sandbox using the EGI online course from SAP

The rest of the time is spent training and testing.

We are a small shop too and we did it all in-house ourselves.

• 4. Re: SAP CHARM
                Ellen Jones

Hi Tammy, thanks again for your reply.  I will check this out, we have a long list of requirements for our new helpdesk software, not sure if an SAP solution will be able to fulfill them but no harm in looking into it.

Ellen