In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply online at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Choose Experienced Professionals and search Requisition # 14000E1S.
Variant Configuration Analyst(Job Number: 14000E1S)
Variant Configuration Analysts in Electric Power Division are accountable for SAP Variant Configuration and BoMs on multiple systems with high impact on multiple products/brands and facilities (U.S., N.I., China, India, Brazil).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborates with product group engineers and product definition to interpret all available literature such as engineering drawings and price books to determine the optimum structure to configure a finished product to a high quality standard for the relevant market segment.
* Variant Configuration for standard and custom product.
* Active participation in New Product Introduction (NPI), Engineering Change and other 6 Sigma projects to offer knowledge, expert advice and to commit to VC and BoM task durations.
* Provide rapid resolution of production critical and dealer facing issues and thorough root cause analysis to ensure permanent corrective action is in place.
* Communicate highly complex, technical information to non-technical personnel to ensure the successful identification of root cause and corrective action.
* Travel or international travel as required to support pilots in the build facility or to collaborate with engineers during the releasing process to ensure satisfactory communication of product change and data processes on the global facility level.
* Minimum of 3 years technical experience in ERP systems and preferably in the engineering-to-release or order-to-cash field.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to travel.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, preferably Engineering or Computer Science.
* Experience in SAP Variant Configuration or related configuration solutions.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Your road to fulfillment is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you discover the satisfaction of working for a global leader that is making sustainable progress possible.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - Internal - Jan 6, 2015, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location - United States-South Carolina-Newberry
Job - Engineering
Salary Grade 21 -- Salary Grade 22
Contact Name - Graham Brides