10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 3:01 PM by Sergiy Mysyk

Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck

Sergiy Mysyk

The hour glass next to  the early watch alert in the solution manager system has the status "wait for  session data". The SDCCN in the satellite system has the RFC configured  correctly and the RFC is working fine when tested. I have installed the latest  ST-PI and ST-A/PI for my basis release 640 on the satellite system. The basis  release of the solution manager is 701. The self diagnosis button in solution  manager does not list any errors or warnings for that satellite  system.

There are no errors in the task Refresh Session task in the  satellite system's SDCCN:

Refresh of session overview started from  destination SM_R3SCLNT001_BACK

Sessions are up to  date

Refresh of session  overview completed from destination SM_R3SCLNT001_BACK

Any ideas why I  can't generate the EWA in the solution manager system?

• 1. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
          Jeffrey Sterner

Did you log on to the satellite system and confirm that the session has actually run and transmitted data to Solman?

If so kick off the service processing in Solman SOLUTION_MANAGER select your solution on the overview page and click Edit->Start service processing.  You should then see a new SM:EXECSERVICESxxxxxx job with a numeric string at the end running under your id...

One other thing, when you upgraded you plugins did you run rtcctool?

• 2. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
            Sergiy Mysyk

Thanks for your reply Jeffrey,

I did run the rtcctool and I had to do some post add installation steps but I did those and now it does not show any missing notes/add ons, anything. So that should be good.I did kick of the service processing in Solution Manager after the Refresh Sessions in the satellite system has finished and changed nothing. The house glass on the EWA in sol man is still there and says "Wait for session data".

I am not sure how to tell that the data was actually sent. The help file on help.sap.com says this on

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/1b/f48969ce9b452db4d72132ec1a7990/frameset.htm

1. Select the row of your task.

2. Choose  Edit  EarlyWatch Alert  .

3. Confirm.

I don't get that. When I schedule the Refresh Sessions it executes shortly after I create it since I check "Now" and then disappers. I have attached the print screen of the log. It seems like it executes successfully but how do I tell if it actually sends the data or not?

Refresh Sessions Task Log.bmp

Thanks again,

Sergiy

• 3. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
              Walter Burke

Have you tried doing a check from SMSY in Solman of the SID having the EWA problem?

1. Enter trans smsy

2. environment...solution manager operations...administer SDCCN

3. select the SID.. and then click "Check system"

If that cheks out ok, i've found it helpful sometimes to delete the refresh sessions job and re-create it. Make sure the task system in the Solman SID and you select the solman BACK RFC to use.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Wally

• 4. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                Sergiy Mysyk

Hi Wally

when I do a check in SMSY on SDCCN Administration. I select the system and client and after clickin "Check System" nothing happens. It just deselects the row. No log or any kind of infomational box comes up. Is that what check is supposed to do if everything is OK or is there something wrong with my check?

I really don't have a perdiodic Refresh Sessions job scheduled in SDCCN in the satellite system. I just create it and "run once" comes up by default so I really recreate it every time. I do have a Maintenance Task scheduled to run weekly. I think Refresh Sessions is part of that correct?

The Refresh Sessions when run in the satellite system does have the BACK frc and the solution manager system ID as the task system ID. Still no luck so far...

Thanks,

Sergiy

• 5. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                  Walter Burke

Hi,

When you do the check systems it should come back like the attached if its all setup properly. I would recommend checking the the Solman RFC's to the monitored system are all working fine and that the account you are using has SDCCN access (SAP_SDCCN_ALL). The check needs to come back green for it to work properly.

We run the refresh sessions job daily on the monitored systems.

Thanks, Wally

• 6. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                    Jason Schweitzer

I have received this puzzling error too and it turned out to be related to security.  Make sure that the RFC user going from satellite to SolMan has the right role in SolMan (roles comparisons performed, etc) then process the session from satellite to push the data to SolMan.   Worked for me.

• 7. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                      Sergiy Mysyk

Thanks Wally,

it actually does look like yours. So I guess the checks are OK.

Which client are you running the refresh job in SDCCN? I tried connecting to 000 and dev/test in Should I run it in 000 or just my prod/test clients?

Is there any way to verify that the data is actually collected and sent? I just have a feeling that my job Refresh Sessions is not collecting anything in the satellite systems. For example, when I run Request Session Data job in the satellite system with RFC - NONE, I can actually display that data from the Done tab (there is Session Data column that has a truck icon). But after Refresh Data there is nothing displayed in the Session Data column in the Done tab. It just has a status of processed successfully.

Thanks for all your help,

Sergiy

• 8. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                        Walter Burke

Hi,

We configure them to run in the prod/test clients. You also need to make sure that the collector (SAP_PERFORMANCE_COLLECTOR etc) jobs are running in the monitred system.

When you look in SDCCN, you can check the "Task Log" tab. You see it run the names of the reports that get run and the user who runs them. For more details about that, you can go to SM37 and look for those reports run by that users to see if they cancelled etc.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Wally

• 9. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                          Sergiy Mysyk

Hi Jason,

nope, unfortunatelly it was not the security issue. The user had all the authorizations possible and all the roles had user comparison done.

I actaully did solve this and will post this next.

Thank you for your reply however.

• 10. Re: Solution Manager EWA, wait for session data is stuck
                            Sergiy Mysyk

Problem solved. Needed to completely replace the service definitions on the solution manager box from OSS and also update all the satellite systems from Solution Manager after. Please refer to note 727998 if you experience the same issue.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input.

Sergiy