6 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 3:05 PM by Carl Lewis

SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01

Zal Parchem

This is my first posting in ASUG.  Instead of a question, I thought it best to be a “contributor” in my first posting and provide some information which might not be known.  Here is something where you can be pro-active with your customers, and you might want to do a spot-check in their system on this bug.

PROBLEM:  If an AR Invoice is completely paid with a combination of AR Credit Memo and an Incoming Payment, SAP B1 does not update the status of the AR Invoice to “Closed”.  The customer I am working with is required to clear out the Open Items List (Sales –A/R > Sales Report > Open Items List) completely of any document older than 60 days.  They saw two AR Invoices with zero dollars and this situation had them scratching their heads during last month’s closing.  They could not figure out why these two AR Invoices were still open, but we were able to determine the pattern together

RESEARCH:  After determining the pattern, I wrote SQL to see if there were more AR Invoices affected.  Turned out there were really only two AR Invoices affected by running this SQL:

--AR Invoice Paid But Not Closed ZP Ver1 2009 03 12

--DESCRIPTION:  Determines if there are AR Invoices with zero balance and open status.

--AUTHOR(s):

--Ver 1 – ZP 2009 Mar 12

SELECT

T0.DocNum AS ‘AR Invoice’,

T0.DocStatus AS ‘Status’,

T0.DocTotal AS ‘Inv Total’,

T0.PaidToDate AS ‘Dlrs Paid’

WHERE

T0.DocStatus = ‘O’

AND T0.DocTotal = T0.PaidToDate

SOLUTION:  Upon contacting SAP B1 Support, it seems as if there are other SAP B1 documents that can be affected by this (see SAP Note 0001301470 from 13 March 2009 in the portals).  You will find that there is also SQL within the note 0001301470 to see if any other document situations exist as they probably wanted to check all databases after our initial contact (maybe you should check there to get the SQL to run). 

The solution requires a direct fix through SAP Intervention via an on-line meeting.  We have not gotten that far yet, because I was in Germany until now – but when we get together with SAP, this will certainly be fixed.

Hope this helps my fellow SAP B1 travelers!

Zal Parchem

• 1. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
          James McCord

This may be slightly off post, however, we have been testing the 2007 version for several months and will not upgrade from 2005 until this bug is fixed.

We are a manufacturer of Semi-conductor material and due to lead times we will either have balnket sales orders placed for deliveries spread over a period of months or a sales order for delivery in a future period.

If these sales orders were created in a period which is now closed, the 2007 verson of Business One will not allow acces.

We were told that a solution was to leave all past periods open which is not acceptable.

SAP is aware of the issue and are trying to create a patch to fix the problem, which did not exist in the 2005 version.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

• 2. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
            Carl Lewis

Actually, I do not believe it is necessary to engage with SAP for a "special fix" - these problem were resolved in patch Level 38 and beyond of SAP B1 2007A.  We have experienced this with several customers and validated that this patch and later ones do not restrict access to documents created is previous periods which are not fully closed.

Carl Lewis

• 3. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
              James McCord

Carl,

I respect all of your posts here, however we have installed all the way to the most recent patch and still we cannot open sales documents  in a period which is closed. Our partner sent a copy of our database to SAP and they have confirmed that the database has no errors, but still we cannot open sales documents created in a period which is closed. Our partner was told the same as you that the error had been fixed, but when he installed the latest patch on our test server he could not open the documents either.

We can open purchasing documents.

• 4. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
                Carl Lewis

That is not good news.

Sorry to say this, but I hope this is something unique to you.

What you are having trouble with in particular are Sales Orders created in a previous period.

When that period is closed you can no longer update, deliver against or invoice against that sales order?

I just checked with one of my consultants again.

We have 60 clients running 2007A and no one currently reporting this problem

Sorry you are - please keep me informed.

CBL>

• 5. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
                  James McCord

Carl,

Thanks for keeping up with this.

We have 2007 on its own server with a copy of our live database and it is at patch level 48.

In the test database, OEM Computers, I can create a sales order in period 4 with a delivery date in period 5. I then lock period 4. I can go back to the document and change the delivery date.

When I try the same thing using our database I receive the warning "Period locked for new data" and no changes can be made.

We have noticed that there were a few changes in the setup where fields in the new version had to be populated. Do you know if there were any related to the Sales Process? I have verified that our database is set to allow changes to existing documents.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

• 6. Re: SMALL BUG IN SAP B1 2007 of Paid AR Invoice with Open Status 2009 05 01
                    Carl Lewis

I do not know of any.

I wonder if the setting for the posting period are getting stuck in the wrong setting.

I might recommend checking in SQL to see of the flag is actually set properly there, if you have not already done so.

CBL>