3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2008 4:47 PM by Chris Strahl

Sales Commission Structure for ver. 2005 and 2007

Anthony Flores

I am looking for literature or someone who has set this up and how well it is working.

Thanks

Anthony

• 1. Re: Sales Commission Structure for ver. 2005 and 2007
          Chris Strahl

Anthony,

I have a few clients that have tried to implement this.  Most of them end up frustrated because the comission is always a straight percentage of the value of the item, customer, or by sales employee.  There isn't really a way to do anything other that a straight percentage of the value of the sale (most of my clients define comission based on gross profit).

The help files in SAP are actually rather extensive regarding this.  Have you taken a look at those?

Chris

• 2. Re: Sales Commission Structure for ver. 2005 and 2007
            Anthony Flores

Thanks Chris,

I have and it is very general. Our commisson structure is quite diverse and right now we are manually calculating, thus looking to see what other companies are doing. When I had this conversation with our SAP Partner they did not have a good answer, nor had an idea to match our old system.

Anthony

• 3. Re: Sales Commission Structure for ver. 2005 and 2007
              Chris Strahl

Anthony,

I've had a few clients explore the use of cost centers and cost allocations to track their comissions.  Typically this requires you to put in a project code and an allocation code, so it's a lot of extra work.  I imagine you're able to create significantly more complex comissions systems using that functionality.  Of course, there is also the ability to create a crystal report or an XL reporter report that does all the math in the background.

Chris