5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2008 6:27 PM by Carl Lewis

SDK Training

Mike Colombini

What is the best way of learning how to use it. Has anyone done it on their own for their company or do they always use a partner? I have an SQL backround as well as a VB so I don't think it would be that hard.

• 1. RE: SDK Training
          Carl Lewis

Mike:

I am suspecting that you are asking about the SDK for SAP Business One. As a Partner I have sold the SDK to a good number of end-users (customers). They have indeed learned to use the tool for themselves. We highly recommend C # for the programming language. It will be highly benficial for you to receive training, at the minimum an oreientation from a developer working for a partner, who can show you the basics and secret handshakes. Provided that you are an experienced programmer in an objects based language the transition is not too difficult.

Carl Lewis

• 2. RE: SDK Training
            Mike Colombini

When you say training you mean on c# or SDK. Where could I get some SDK training?

• 3. RE: SDK Training
              Carl Lewis

Hi Mike:

In order to program in the User Interface of B1 (UI) you must purchase the SDK, which is really a license which allows you to add custom programs to the user interface.  C# is simply the language we recommend.  You could use another .net language; we prefer C#.

The SDK class, is not really avaibale to end-users - it is intended for SAP resellers and Solution Providers.  They have all paid a partner fee, and in addition they must pay for attendance at the class.

Therefore the best way to learn is the contact your parttner and ask for some training as per the SDK and how to create custom solutions for SAp Business One.  Your partner depending on who they are and how long they have been reselling SAP B1 may or may not have the capacity to help you.  They can reach out to another partner in the channel for help.

Hope this is helpful?

Carl

• 4. RE: SDK Training
                Mike Colombini

Thank you for you help.

• 5. RE: SDK Training
                  Carl Lewis

Mike:

Hi again.

You are probably correct that you can relatively easily learn to use it.  The hassle is the stuff that is somewhat particular to Business One.  Call them the secret handshakes.  You can certainly grid oyur way through figuring it out on your own, and using SDN, which is fast becoming a great resource get some indirect help.  I do advise that you spend some time with an individual already proficient in the Business One SDK environment.  The one day experince will save you months on the journey.

CBL