2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2007 7:46 PM by Carl Lewis

Bill of Materials Costing

Eric Schroeder

In the Bill of Materials screen there is a Price List drop-down window for the parent item on the top right side and each child item also has a price list selection drop-down window. The only way to change the Price List selection for the child items is to change each line. We have BOM's with a large number of items and we would like to be able to change all the lines without doing each one manually. 

Does anyone know of a way to do this? It seems a formatted seach might work but we don't know how to do one of this type.  It would be nice if there were a button that would change all the lines. (I can't imagine why anyone would want to select different price lists for one BOM.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. RE: Bill of Materials Costing
          Anthony Flores

You might want to try the Database Workbench Transfer program.  When we have issues like this, we contact our Ingetegrator. They have another name for this progam that I cannot mention on this site, however, it works very well.

Anthony.

• 2. RE: Bill of Materials Costing
            Carl Lewis

Eric:

You can globally update all BOM with the menu item "Update Parent Items Globally" - there are some options to let you choose which price list you will impart to the child items in order to calculate the BOB costs anew.

I recommend that you try this in a test database with a very small number of sample BOM's in order to see how this works.

Keep in mind that if your BOM's are several levels deep with many subcomponents - you may have to run this global update many times to roll all tyhe way to the top.

Carl Lewis