Hi,<br/>

<br/>

I just installed the SAP BO client on a new laptop.<br/>

<br/>

Everything worked fine.<br/>

<br/>

I can choose my server and it shows me the DB with my company.<br/>

<br/>

When I try to log on, it says that use name and password are wrong (red line on the bottom)<br/>

<br/>

They are correct. I can log in from another computer.<br/>

<br/>

Any clue why this may happen?<br/>

<br/>

Do I need to add the client to the server?<br/>

<br/>

Is there a log file I can look at?<br/>

<br/>

Thanks

• 1. RE: wrong user name and password
          Patti Bennion

I'd check the server login credentials to make sure they have been entered. Choose "change server" and make sure the loginID and password are correct for the SQL server. This step is usually forgotten when setting up a new desktop/laptop.

-Patti

• 2. RE:wrong user name and password
            Sebastian Beneloucif

the server credentials are correct - otherwise I couldn't see the installed companies.<br/>

<br/>

I have recently moved SAP from one Server to this one. Now I tried to connect to the old one. (which has the same DB) and it worked. I said, it has to update the client.<br/>

<br/>

After the update I can connect to the new server. Odd?<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

• 3. RE:wrong user name and password
              Sebastian Beneloucif

I found the problem.<br/>

<br/>

The old version was 6.8.318 whereas the version on the new server was only 6.8.2xx.<br/>

<br/>

Instead of telling that there is a version conflict, SBO just said that the username and password are incorrect....<br/>

<br/>

Updated the server and now it is working...<br/>

• 4. RE: wrong user name and password
                Carl Lewis

Sebastian

I have had this happen to me. If I change users, and log into the database with the username and password for the second user, and then from administration choose another company (really the same one) and log back in with the user name and password that had the difficulty, eberything seems to be ok.

Another reason was that on the logon screen I was entering username and password - my keyboard was not typing the first character of my username. It was a wireless keyboard and for some reason having trouble seeing all the keystrokes. I never really looked at the username field to see that I typed the characters correctly - I just made sure I was hitting the correct keys on the keyboard. I felt a little dumb, but I was glad to find the problem was my keyboard.

Carl Lewis