2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2006 6:28 PM by Jason Schweitzer

Change Management Methodology

Don Newton

Good Day;

Since we are now looking at installing (yes and using) Solution Manager, I was wondering wher I might be able to find some online documentation on SAP Change Management Methodology.

Thanks

Don

• 1. RE: Change Management Methodology
          warren kaufman

Hello
          I just recently purchased a book from SAP PRESS called SAP Change and Transport Mgmt. It is a good technical reference on chg mgr. In addition, there is several documents/presentations from SAP which provide high level process flows of which you can base your chg mgr process from.

Hope this helps - Warren

• 2. RE: Change Management Methodology
            Jason Schweitzer

Hi Warren - looking at the TOC online, it doesn't appear that Transport Workflow is discussed...is it?   Also, does the book provide an easy-to-read list of pros/cons of using one method over another (esp., using SolMan vs not)?  Personally, I find all the various ways to implement change mgnt to be &quot;6 of one, half a dozen of one another&quot;, with relative advantages/disadvantages not very well explained.  If you think this book is good in that regard please let me know, I'll go scoop up a copy.<br/>