2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 5:18 PM by Matt Wegner

importing historical invoices (cost)

although sap 2005 sp1 allows you to change the gross profit base value, which i assume is cost there is place to import this field in the dtw. how can the cost be imported?

• 1. RE: importing historical invoices (cost)

Posted By Matt Wegner on 09/06/2006 2:20 PM
          although sap 2005 sp1 allows you to change the gross profit base value, which i assume is cost there is no place to import this field in the dtw. how can the cost be imported? looks like the cost is untochable by us meer mortals.

when entering quotes, orders & incoices it is possible to change the gross profit base price and therefore the sales analysis figures. this does not how ever change the cost for the financial statements. the financials can be changed by making a journal entry monthly reconciling the sales & financial.

the problem i have found is that if you change the gross profit base on an order and then copy the order to an invoice the gross profit base does not copy but also does not pick up the item cost leaving it at zero. is this a bug or the way it should work?

• 2. RE: importing historical invoices (cost)

Posted By Matt Wegner on 09/06/2006 2:20 PM
            although sap 2005 sp1 allows you to change the gross profit base value, which i assume is cost there is no place to import this field in the dtw. how can the cost be imported? looks like the cost is untochable by us meer mortals.

when entering quotes, orders & incoices it is possible to change the gross profit base price and therefore the sales analysis figures. this does not how ever change the cost for the financial statements. the financials can be changed by making a journal entry monthly reconciling the sales & financial.

the problem i have found is that if you change the gross profit base on an order and then copy the order to an invoice the gross profit base does not copy but also does not pick up the item cost leaving it at zero. is this a bug or the way it should work?