4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2006 9:53 PM by Ramon Alonso

VENDOR CONSIGNMENT

Andee DiCola

Does anyone have a method of handling consignment from a vendor? I see customer consignation in the system but nothing if you have inventory on consignment from a vendor?

• 1. VENDOR CONSIGNMENT
          Idit Frydman Saguey

Hi Andee,
          You would use a separate WH in this case. when you receive the goods, use this WH, and when you sell it, do a transfer to your main WH, and then the invoice to the customer will be from the main WH.
          at any time you can get a report about quantity levels in the consignment WH, so you can match it with the vendor's invoice.
          idit

• 2. VENDOR CONSIGNMENT
            Ramon Alonso

Hi Idit
            We are going to start operations of Sale in consignment. Where can I find information? Could you help me pls?

Regards. Ramon Alonso

• 3. VENDOR CONSIGNMENT
              Idit Frydman Saguey

Hi Ramon,
              The vendor and customer consignment workaround is really the same one.
              Use an extra WH for the consignment, when you receive the goods from your vendor, use this WH. when you sell, do a transfer to your main WH and then a delivery from this WH.
              Some customers create a separate WH for each vendor, but it's depending on how many you have.
              If it's a few... then you can create a WH per vendor. If it's more, many WH may influence the system performances.
              Idit

• 4. VENDOR CONSIGNMENT
                Ramon Alonso

Thanks Idit
                1 - Can you tell me what GL accounts are normally used for Vendor Consignments?
                2 - We get from the vendor always a 6% of the selling price. The cost of sales is not going to be moving avg but 94% of the extended price of each invoice. How can be this done?

Regards. Ramon