8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2006 6:17 PM by Jim Gillespie

BP discount bug?

Jody Green

We have found a major problem that has cost us several thousand dollars so far that we know of.  We have certain customers with a blanket discount percetage that is set on the BP master.  Things work fine if there is only one delivery doc to one invoice doc.  When there are multiple delivery docs, the bp discount is attempted to be applied to each line item on the invoice rather than keeping the original discount at the document level.  This would only be annoying if it worked as the customer expects to see the discount at the bottom to confirm it was given.  The big probelm is that the system computes the discount semingly randomly on each line item.  We have found situations where the original discount was 5.0 percent and after being applied from the delivery to the invoice changed to 56 percent.  Has anyone else seen this very scary behaviour?

• 1. BP discount bug?
          Idit Frydman Saguey

Hi Jody,
          Which version of Business One are you using?
          Did you report this to your partner or to SAP support?
          If not, please do... if this is a bug, then its must be fixed immediately.
          Thanks Idit

• 2. BP discount bug?
            Jody Green

We are running 2004 but have maintenance.  We have reported it to our partner but no help.  We have implemented some not so great work arounds that still leave us at risk of invoicing product at below our cost.  When we discover that this has happened, the process to reverse the problem takes many hours of detailed work.  Any help on how to expedite a problem like this to SAP would be greatly appreciated.  We have a few others that are only annoying but still frustating that we have not recieved any answer from our partner.

• 3. BP discount bug?
              Idit Frydman Saguey

hi Jody,
              can you tell me who is your partner?
              I will escalate your issue with the appropriate person at SAP.
              thanks Idit

• 4. BP discount bug?
                Jody Green

I would rather not involve our partner but would like an answer.  I read some release notes from the 2005 version with sp1 that mentioned a fix that fixed eradic behavior when moving multiple documents to target document.  This may be a fix but it is not specific enough to know.  We don not plan on upgrading for a while so if you could help by at least finding out if there is a fix for this problem.  It is very easy to test.  Create one Sales order and add a 5% discount at the bottom.  Create 2 deliveries, splitting the items how ever you want, and then combine them on a single invoice.  The discount is removed from the bottom and calculated onto each line item but if you look at the orgininal sales order total versus the invice total, you will find anywhere from small to very large differences that cannot be explained from rounding.

Thanks for your help

• 5. BP discount bug?
                  Idit Frydman Saguey

hi Jody,
                  I was trying to reproduce this in the 2005 version and in the 2004 version patch 26 and it works ok.
                  which patch level are you using?
                  and generaly, what do you do for upgrades when you need them?
                  regards, Idit

• 6. BP discount bug?
                    Jody Green

Idit,

We just implemented on Jan. 30th and were told it would be best to go with version 2004 at that time. I assume our partner has installed all patches. How would I find out?

Thanks,

Jody

• 7. BP discount bug?
                      Idit Frydman Saguey

hi Jody,
                      when you are in the application go to the Help>About.
                      you will see the version and the patch level (PL)
                      Idit

• 8. BP discount bug?
                        Jim Gillespie

Hi Jody,

We find your posting quite interesting, er, scarey.
                        As we're on the same base and our go live is coming up, we'd like to get some more informaiton about your experience if you have time.

I am basically trying to note any major glitches, put together an FAQ and have it ready for our staff. I realize it's an emerging product, but it seems the EU has to do the due dilligence on B1 as the implementers are still learning.

If you have the chance can you contact me at jim.gillespie at fast-rite.com?
                        Thanks,
                        Jim Gillespie
                        jim@fast-rite.com