3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2005 5:02 PM by Idit Frydman Saguey

How to link a Word or Excel documentation to a repair activity

Handel Pryce

I am exploring the possibility(ies) of linking an repair activity (Notification / Work Order) with documentation (Excel / Word) from various databases to SAP.

In my organization, we have repair / modification / upgrade activities associated with contracts. However, some data files are stored in various databases and formats outside of SAP. Is there a way to link all these variables, essentially for an automated process?

I've also tried to import Word files into SAP, which will need formating.

BR
      Handel

• 1. How to link a Word or Excel documentation to a repair activity
          Idit Frydman Saguey

Hello Handel,
          i hope i understood your question...
          you can use SAP Business One to create user fields.
          Go to Tools>User Defined Fields>Manage User fields.
          select the relevant screen you need the field and click Add.
          The field type will be General, and structure is link.
          you can create multiple fields the same way.
          Open the screen you are able to double click the field and link any type of file to it. you can also display and print the file from there.
          let me know if this answers your question...
          regards, idit

• 2. How to link a Word or Excel documentation to a repair activity
            Handel Pryce

Hi Idit,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Basically, I'm attempting to link a Sales Order activity when materials are ordered to repairs. In doing so, whenever a technician request materials from stock, we need a link between this activity and kits in stock.

Essentially, we should be able to score the material usage draw-down (stock depletion) and Part Number/Serial Number for unit repaired/modified etc.

I don't have access to SAP Business One and awaits a response from the group responsible for confirmation if this function is part of our company's package.

Thx
            Handel

• 3. How to link a Word or Excel documentation to a repair activity
              Idit Frydman Saguey

Hi Handle,

When you create the production order, you also have an option to link the sales order to it, from a system field on top left hand side assuming you are using the 2004 version of the system.
              you can also utilize the service module in the system, that allows you to track customer equipemnt cards based on serial numbers.

let me know if you need more specific information.
              regards, idit