Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
today we would like to introduce our new Best Practice Document:
Influences of Financial Data Model Changes to DVM Strategies
- Data model changes by SAP Simple Finance & SAP S/4HANA Finance-
This document gives an overview about required adaptions in your data volume management concept when migrating to SAP S/4HANA and using SAP Simple Finance 1503 (SAP Simple Finance) or SAP S/4HANA Finance 1511 (SAP S/4HANA Finance).
Based on the 'old' financial tables, it will explain the following:
- what was former archiving object?
- what is status of this table in S/4HANA environment?
- what is suitable Data Aging Object?
- important SAP notes
- which adaptions are required for already existing DVM strategies?
By usage of this document, you will:
- understand the influence of migration for important tables (e.g. tables with high data volume) in financial area
- get an insight into Data Aging in Financial Area and the difference to Data Archiving
We hope this document will be useful for you.
Any feedback is welcome.
Claudia Semmler, SAP SE
Susanne Tewes, SAP SE