There are many formula functions built into the Web Intelligence report designer. Many of these functions are similar to functions found in other reporting tools, and many leverage the metadata within Web Intelligence, and the Business Objects platform. This webinar will explore using the formula editor to create customized solutions to challenging report design requirements.
Major Topics Include:
- Overview of the Web Intelligence formula editor
- Use many of the unique Web Intelligence built-in functions to build customize solutions such as:
- Automate report titles, etc. by referencing user prompts
- Display date values formatted based on the users locale settings
- Reference ASCII codes (new line, currency symbols, etc.) in formulas and cells
- Convert string and data values per report design requirements
Steve Thatcher, Senior Business Intelligence Consultant, InfoSol
Steve is a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant with InfoSol. He has extensive design and development experience with both the SAP BusinessObjects and Yellowfin business intelligence suites. He is a Certified Web Intelligence Application Associate and, in addition to teaching the SAP Web Intelligence report design courses offered at InfoSol, provides Web Intelligence services to domestic and international customers. In addition to Web Intelligence, Steve is also a Certified SAP Dashboards/Xcelsius Application Associate, and continuously stays abreast of the many offerings of the SAP business intelligence solutions suite. Steve’s business intelligence background is complemented by his over 13 years in Corporate Finance gaining experience in financial modeling, reporting, spreadsheet and information system development.