Welcome to the latest newsflash to keep you up-to-date on important Analytics initiatives, events, and member offerings. This newsflash features sections that highlight various activities and action items for you to be aware of. We hope this information allows you to take full advantage of your ASUG membership.
Inside this Issue...
- ASUG Annual Pre-Conference Deep Deive
- ASUG Annual Conference Sessions
- Upcoming Webcasts
- Opportunity to Influence SAP
- Call for Speakers – SAP TechEd
2016 ASUG Annual Pre-Conference SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio Deep Dive
Monday May 16
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: $745 ASUG Members
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is SAP’s flagship product for the creation of dashboards and custom analytical applications. This full-day, hands-on workshop is a series of activities focused on SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio in combination with SAP BW powered by SAP HANA.
Attendees will learn to use the different components in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio and how to go from simple KPI dashboards to more complex, self-service style applications.
Target Audience: BI Developer, BI Analyst, Dashboard Developer with basic knowledge and experience in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio and SAP NetWeaver BW or SAP HANA.
Key Topics or Agenda Overview:
• Role of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio in the SAP BusinessObjects BI portfolio
• SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio deployment options
• Creating a simple KPI dashboards
• Filtering your data using different options
• Using personalization and bookmarking
• Leveraging online composition as part of your dashboard
• Parallel process and background processing of data sources
• Using the Geo Map component to visualize geographic information
• Using Global Scripts
• Using the Scorecard component
• Using Profiling for your Dashboard
Key Outcomes or Benefits of Attending:
Attendees will learn to use the different components in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio and how to go from simple KPI dashboards to more complex self-service style applications.
Registration is limited so reserve your seat TODAY. Register at http://events.sap.com/sapandasug/en/asugpreconf
2016 ASUG Annual Conference BI/BW/HANA Sessions
Sessions that will be featured at ASUG Annual Conference including
- Latest News and Roadmap for the BI, SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Portfolio, SAP Predictive Analysis, Design Studio, Mobile BI, Cloud for Analytics, Analysis Office, and more
Upcoming Webcasts/Education/Networking Opportunities:
Make the most of your membership and attend these upcoming webcasts:
- March 7: SAP Predictive Analytics – Integration with SAP HANA
- March 8 Design Studio Ready-to-Run Application & Templates
- March 15 Focus on BI/Analytics - Top 10 Ways to Squeeze More Value from Your SAP BI/Analytics Investments
- March 16 Geospatial Analysis with SAP Lumira
- March 17: Shhhhhh, Listen – Your Machine is Trying to Tell You Something You Don’t Know (customer story)
March 22: Customer Story: Manufacturing Analytical Self Service User Experience with SAP Hana and Lumira (customer story)
- March 23: Simplified: Tools for Migrating Your SAP BW System to SAP HANA
- March 28: What's New in SAP Lumira 1.30
- March 29 Benefits of BI Portfolio for S/4HANA Customers
- March 30: Handle Big Data with BW 7.5 and Hadoop
- March 31 SAP HANA Data Warehouse Modeling Approaches
Link to past ASUG Analytics SIG Webcasts: click here
Opportunity to Influence SAP - Mobile BI Influence Council Relaunch
It was announced at SAPInsider BI 2016 that SAP has acquired key assets of Roambi – see the news release here.
The ASUG SAP Mobile BI Influence Council is re-launching. All interested ASUG members are invited to fill out the council's member questionnaire to be considered for council membership. Please fill out the survey by Friday, March 4th. The link to the survey is below:
ASUG Call for Speakers SAP TechEd
Join ASUG at SAP TechEd (September 19-23) and obtain complimentary registration if your session is selected. Listen/Watch to ASUG Volunteer/SAP Mentor Joyce Butler discuss the value of TechEd:
Call for speakers is planned to start later this month
Some key tracks for ASUG BI members EA Enterprise Analytics and Data Management and Modeling
Join the conversation with ASUG BI Volunteers on twitter at @ASUG_BI