When we mention “volunteers” at ASUG, we typically think of the more than 400 leaders of our Chapters, SIGs, and various Communities. But there’s another type of ASUG Volunteer who possesses that same type of dedication—those individuals who serve on ASUG’s Board of Directors.
The 2014-2015 ASUG Board of Directors is now looking for new members. You can nominate yourself or someone you know who has that drive and commitment to ASUG and our mission.
The ASUG Board works together to set the long-term strategy for ASUG and build a culture of vitality in the organization for our members. You’ll work closely with the rest of ASUG’s membership, the volunteer community, the leadership team, SAP’s executive leadership, and the extensive partner community to influence product direction and find new opportunities for ASUG to grow. In all, you’ll help ensure all SAP customers in North America have the opportunity to gain the most value from their SAP investments.
The time commitment is approximately 8-10 hours per month, for a two-year term. Additionally, the Board meets face-to-face four times a year, for two days. ASUG pays all related travel and meeting expenses.
Here are the traits possessed by the people we’re looking for:
ASUG Board of Directors Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Strategic VP or C-level experience
- Demonstrated success in use and deployment of SAP technologies (knowledge of SAP’s newer technologies is a plus)
- Strong Rolodex of SAP ecosystem contacts
- Enthusiasm and integrity
- Willingness to commit time and energy
- Orientation toward the future
- Ability to analyze issues, create solutions, and make decisions
- Willingness to accept and support decisions made by the Board
- Organizational and administrative
- Participate fully in all Board calls and meetings
- Attend occasional ASUG and SAP community and/or executive events as a Board representative
- Policy and strategy development
- Assist in the development and evaluation of ASUG policies and procedures
- Participate in strategic planning and plan creatively for ASUG’s future
- Guide the long-term strategy of the organization
- Be accountable to the membership for the activities and financial management of the organization
- Provide continuity for the organization