If you have questions about your recording before, during and/or after your recording timeslot, please contact the following individuals via phone or email:
Please complete these steps to successfully complete your session recording:
Please note, do not dial into the Audio Conference until you get to that step in the instructions.
- Logging Into WebEx
- Click the host link you receive in your recording email to access the WebEx tool
- Click on “Login Now”
o Enter Host Username
o Enter Host Password
- Click on the “Host a Meeting” Header on the left panel of the WebEx screen to maximize the available choices
o In the “Host a Meeting” drop-down, select “My Meetings”
- Sort by “Starting Time” column to find your session.
o It will be listed by the date you are scheduled to record, followed by the session code, primary speaker last name and presentation title.
- Click “Start”
o The secondary screen will open first – keep open for entire session
o The WebEx control window will then open
- Recording Settings
- To set up your recording, click “Meeting” in your Meeting Manager toolbar and click “Recorder Settings” to ensure that the default is set to “Record on Server”.
- Loading Your Presentation
- Minimize the WebEx Meeting Manager window then open your PowerPoint presentation on your desktop and have any other applications you would like to share during your presentation open
- To load your PowerPoint Presentation, click on “Share.” Select “Desktop…”
- A green box labeled “SHARING” will appear in the top right-hand portion of your screens.
o CAUTION: Participants will be able to view your desktop so please make sure that any private applications or pop ups are closed before recording
- Before you begin recording, please remember to open your PowerPoint Presentation in slide show mode.
- After your presentation is in slide show mode, please click the tape recorder icon (in the tool bar located in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen) to load the WebEx Recorder Panel.
- Setting Up the Recording
- When the WebEx Recorder Setup window appears on the screen please select “Record other teleconference” and click “Next >”
- At this point please dial-in to the toll-free conference call bridge that has been provided to you in your recording information email.
o When prompted, please enter the moderator passcode.
o If you are presenting with a co-speaker please have them dial in at this time using the participant passcode.
o Please stay on this line until you are finished recording your presentation.
- Enter the conference call bridge in the “Dial-in Number” box
o There is no “Greeting bypass digit” so please move onto the next field
- In the “Pause before user ID” box, please enter the number 7
- Enter the “Participant Passcode” to the conference call bridge in the “User ID:” box then click “Next >”
- It will take several moments for the recording device to connect to the conference call line.
o Please note that you will still have to be dialed-into the conference call bridge as a moderator to complete the audio recording.
- Once the “Connection established” window pops up, it will take 15 – 20 seconds for the WebEx recording device to join your conference call line.
o You will hear a beep when it has successfully joined.
- Once you hear the beep, click the “Test Connection” button to complete the test.
o You should hear “The host has the recording feature on” then you are ready to record.
- Recording Your Session
- If you are ready to begin recording your presentation click “Start Recording”
o After you click the “Start Recording” button, the recording toolbar will appear on your screen.
o Please note, once you hit “Start Recording” the system is recording all sound and images from that point on.
o Before you begin your presentation, please click and drag the recording toolbar to the bottom right-hand portion of your screen.
§ If you do not move the recording toolbar it will black out the center of your presentation slides.
- Ending Your Recording Session
- When you have finished delivering your presentation, please click the stop button on the recording toolbar.
- To stop screen sharing and return to the main WebEx Meeting Center, please click on the first button in the screen sharing toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
- To end your WebEx session, click “File” then choose “End Meeting.
- When the End Meeting window appears click Yes
Please remember that your presentation should not be more than 45 minutes in length or you will have to re-record your session!
If your session was not recorded successfully you will be contacted by ASUG staff members to schedule a time to re-record.
Thank you for your cooperation!