Inspiration. Knowledge. Shared experiences. Questions. Answers. Influence. That's what we all experienced once again at our Annual ASUG Conference, co-located with SAPPHIRENOW 2016 in Orlando last week. ASUG CEO, Geoff Scott, summarized our ASUG community best:
Keith Sturgill, volunteer,ASUG Chair of our ASUG Board of Directors and VP and CIO of Eastman Chemical Co. talked about what is disappearing as a result of digital transformation - so much is becoming irrelevant. But, he emphasized, the opportunities in front of us are enormous. "Connecting the people of the world created an environment for innovative business models to emerge," said Keith. We, in ASUG, have been the beneficiaries of this connectivity and the drivers of business change through our influence of SAP.
Steve Wozniak, talked about how he was inspired at an early age to build computers to help people learn on their own. He delivered his story with passion, humor and energy. "The people in this audience, do things that I love in life." said Steve. We love the things we do too, Steve!
In a customer-focused opening keynote for the HR Community, Mike Ettling, President of SAP SuccessFactors led a panel discussion about the challenges of change. HR Leaders from Pepsico, American Airlines and The Timken Co. joined Mike to discuss their own unique challenges and how they are moving HR forward to support a digitally transformed workplace.
"The panelists said that digital transformation is going to drive and be driven by workers
and will impact how companies recruit, engage and train people.
Human resource professionals will lead the charge.
“HR has never been more important,”
said moderator Sherryanne Meyer, ASUG HR community advocate."
Other highlights for HR professionals were:
- The launch of SuccessFactors 101 - a workshop that gave non-users the opportunity to learn how the SuccessFactors Employee Central Suite works through hands on exercises, demonstrations and group discussions.
- SAP HCM and SuccessFactors community meet-up in the Learning Loung of the ASUG Hub. Participants got a first peek at ASUG's partner tool -- to be officially launched to the public in August.
- Recharge HR - a half-day seminar that focused HR executives on the looming talent crisis in terms of how people learn today, why culture matters, and deep dive insights into Deloitte's research on Global Human Capital Trends.
- Twenty Customer Stories -- for HR alone -- including an organization that moved from Workday to SuccessFactors; customers who extended their core on-premise investment with HR Renewal and Fiori; and customers who have experienced migration, integration and cusotmization in the cloud.
- SAP Roadmaps - for the future of HR on-premise, SAP SuccessFactors Talent and Employee Central; and Payroll
- Interactive Influence Sessions on SAP LSO and SAP services and support.
For a colorful recap of SAPPHIRENOW | ASUG 2016, listen to Jon Reed's audio interview with Dick Hirsch, a recap of the event.
Thank you to our members who contributed their HR Transformation stories (see below). Without you - our community would be a whole lot more quiet. And thank you to our partners, our sponsors, without whom
We have a who lot more stories to tell.
In the words of Keith Sturgill,
"Buckle your seatbelt, the best is yet to come...
What will our companies look like on ASUG's 30th Anniversary?
It's up to us."